This course provides instruction on how to model complex end of life scenarios for products, including reuse and recycling. Practical modeling exercises are undertaken in SimaPro using Product Stages. In this course, you will model the life cycle of a common consumer product, and using this example you will model multiple end of life scenarios.
- Life Cycle and EOL modeling
- Product Stages
- Look at detail at waste treatments and waste scenarios
- Understand when to use multiple life cycles
- Build and apply reuse
- Build recycling into the model
- Build a complex end of life model including reuse, recycling, landfill and incineration
- Sensitivity analysis
Cost: $1,100 per person
Duration: 3 hours
Certificate: Advanced SimaPro User Certificate
- Introduction to LCA and SimaPro (Online)
- Completion of an LCA (internal screening level LCA is fine)
This is an advanced course designed for those participants who are actively working on LCAs.
The class will meet online at www.gotomeeting.com. You will be provided with an invitation and password a few days before the class.
The best set up for taking the class is to have one computer/monitor to view the slides and one computer/monitor set up with SimaPro to follow along and gain hands on experience. If you would like to take the class but do not have access to the software, we will provide you with a temporary license.
Before the class you will receive a PDF of the presentation slides, which you can use for note taking during the class. These prove to be a great help when conducting your future LCA’s.
You must log in and have started this course to submit a review.